Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One month down

So we've been in Florida for just over a month now.  And we're finally getting to the point where there isn't a catastrophe every other day.  The boxes are pretty all unpacked.  Which is something that we didn't accomplish in West Point, and were there for over a year.  Things are slowly falling into place.
I've done up Monday through Friday schedule that Hector has agreed to follow.  I've left weekends to fun and whimsy.  In that schedule I've built in gym time and homework time.  I've tried to do the gym-when-I-can thing.  So far, it hasn't really worked out.  Ok, it hasn't worked at all.  Geez you're pushy.  I've been a member of Planet Fitness for almost a month now, and I've been a grand total of 3 times.  Yup, less than once a week.  I want to go, but I've been trying to do it at the end of the day, once the kids are in bed.  Yeah, once the kids are in bed I'm plastered to the couch watching something On Demand.
 As for homework time, I've been fitting that in around everyone else's stuff.  And while my grades haven't suffered for it, they haven't exactly soared either.  Instead of my normal A or B with the occasional C, I've been mostly a B student.  When I know with time and dedication I can be an A student.
But I really do like it here in Florida.  I have a feeling we're going to be happy here.  Soon as we start to make friends.

No comments: