Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Groundhog Week

This is going to be a very long week.  Today is Tuesday, but I'm pretty sure we're stuck in some sort of alternate universe, kinda like Groundhog Day.  But instead of reliving the same day over and over again, we're stuck with REALLY LONG days.  I'm sure that all of us (and I mean ALL of us) being sick is not helping.  Lil Miss has been sniffling for almost a week now and Munchkin has been coughing non-friggin-stop since Saturday.  According to the doc it's a viral thing and could last 2 un-ending weeks-possibly 3.  How do you keep a kindergartner from bouncing off the walls because he has to stay inside because he's sick?  I could really use some tips pretty please?  With a cherry on top? 
Halloween went swimmingly last night.  We were out for only about 45 minutes and the kids are loaded.  Not that they'll get to eat all that candy.  I'm not a sugar Nazi or anything, but I am trying to teach them moderation.  We're working on an 80/20 frame.  80% of the time I make them healthy balanced meals and 20% of the time we eat cookies for dinner. 
Today after Lil Miss's nap we're heading to the store for cough drops and groceries.  My kitchen is looking barren....

No comments: