Thursday, October 27, 2011

A New Day Dawns

Today is a new day, well it's almost over but you get the drift. I've tried blogging a few times before this but it was a scattered effort. And sporadic at best. So now I start over. This blog is going to be about my life and all the craziness that entails. If you're easily offended this blog is not for you. I'm sarcastic, and have been known to drop an F-bomb from time to time. My husband drives me nuts, and occasionally I might rant about that. My kids drive me crazy at times, and there might be a few heated posts about that as well.
But beyond that I really am happy with my life. I adore my family, every single one. Even the ones that are bat-shit crazy. I currently reside in West Point, NY. That's right, I live on the US Military Academy. I'm surrounded by officers and their wives. Let me tell you, I've never felt so frumpy in my entire life!
So part of this blog is about how I plan to change all things about myself that I've always wanted to change. I've never been happy with the way I look. I know, I know self-esteem and all that. But I can't continue to be unhappy with my the way I look if I don't do anything about it, ya know? So with the inspiration from my cousin I'm going to start taking care of myself. Diet and exercise and all that. Wait, wait. Lifestyle change, not diet.
I'm horrible when it comes to managing money. Bills get paid-barely. But that's about it. We have no savings, and that needs to change. I've started to realize that material possessions will not provide happiness. But I'm a shoe-a-holic. Shoes don't make you feel fat. And at least that size number is small, unlike the pants size. That number will never be discussed outside the fact that it is a double digit-hopefully not for much longer.
So here's to the rest of my days. I hope you'll be here to support me and cheer me on and hold me accountable. I'm gonna need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is he doing in West Point?

RaynaErin said...

He's in the Warrior Transition Unit, in the process of being medically retired from the Army.